Bitovi is looking to hire a Senior Visual Designer to support our team and clients by creating visually appealing user interface (UI) designs and support graphics. This role will be our UI and graphic design expert. The person in this role will:
- Participate in initiatives to showcase Bitovi’s UI capabilities and expertise
- Support the team by creating stunning interfaces based on best practices and design trends
- Attend sales calls to discuss and recommend visual design improvements to potential clients
- Lead UI design on a project or collaborating with team members to ideate and iterate beautiful, usable, responsive, accessible interfaces and components for web and mobile applications
- Ideate and iterate support and explainer graphics, internal and external presentations, logo design, sales materials, etc.
- Develop and support brand decisions and style guides for clients
- Support team members and clients through visual design recommendations and improvements
The Details We’re Looking For
An experienced visual designer and are comfortable using industry tools
- 5+ years of professional experience implementing and designing user interfaces for web applications
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces
- Expertise in standard design tools like Sketch or other wireframing tools
- Expert knowledge of design fundamentals (information design, visual design, industry UI standards, and use of best practices)
- Comfortable participating in sales and marketing initiatives to showcase aesthetic capabilities
- Experience training and influencing others on aesthetic design best practices
You know how to design things that can be built
- Familiar and comfortable creation visual designs for mobile, web, and responsive
- Ability to create on-brand design solutions that bridge user and business goals
- Work with design systems to ensure consistency and familiarity across products
You have amazing graphic design chops and are a typography nerd
- Creative ideas with a problem-solver mindset
- Strong understanding and execution of design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition)
- Maintain, update, and refine brand and style guidelines for internal and external projects
- Create aesthetically pleasant and consistent user interface design elements – High proficiency working with color, typography, and graphic elements
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to finished high-fidelity designs and asset creation
- Work with usability specialists and interaction designers to develop and iterate user interface designs based on research and usability test results
You are a great communicator, love to talk about design, and defend your design decisions
- Showcase strong communication skills by presenting and defending visual design decisions to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Follow design and interaction principles while understanding the project requirements, business needs, and client expectations
- Comfortable being a user advocate
Work Remotely (in North America) as a Consultant
Bitovi helps people and companies create better web applications. We’re a team of 40-ish people made up of UX designers, developers, and DevOps team members located around the US.
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing web applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with style guides, tests, full docs, accessibility considerations, and a deployment process in place.
Our article, Hello Potential Bitovian sums it up very well (NOTE: The article is more Dev-focused, but a good short read!)
This is a remote, full-time position. This role may require travel up to 1 week every 8-12 weeks once travel resumes post COVID. Due to travel requirements, we are only accepting candidates in the U.S. who are willing and able to travel in the future.
- Competitive salary and annual bonuses
- Company retreats (previously in Boston, Scottsdale, Denver, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Four weeks paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Work from home
Apply to our posting with the following items.
Applications missing any of the following details will not be considered.
- Resume – please just a 1-2 page resume (as opposed to a multi-page story or portfolio)
- Cover letter – your cover letter must include:
- A thoughtful introduction about yourself.
- Tell us why you're an ideal fit for this role.
- Focus on your recent and past work and experience
- Your salary requirements – we are looking to hire this role in the range of 70k – 90k/year based on experience
- Your current availability (when can you start?)
- If you have other conditions, please make sure to include those there as well
- A link to an online portfolio featuring web user interface and interaction design samples you’re created or worked on